Sunday, November 1, 2009

BATTLE ROYAL

This is it . . .





To Hell with politics - let's talk about something MUCH MORE important - The Main Event of 2009 is here: Brett Favre returns to Green Bay, in a Viking uniform.











"TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL ! ! !


. . . Tomorrow - I'm thinking Arby's . . ."














Here is Brett in an earlier incarnation . . . his Glory Days . . .



For our International readership, those of you perhaps not familiar with the idiosyncacies of NFL football, THESE are CheeseHeads:



They are a native lifeform of Wisconsin.


The Green Bay Packers are unique in that they are the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the United States. The Packers are the last vestige of "small town teams" that were once common in the NFL during the 1920s and 1930s.

Just so you can IMAGINE the kind of fanaticism the Green Bay fans display - I've been to Wisconsin in September and thought I was going to freeze to death; that woman is dressed like that in Green Bay in NOVEMBER.




Lambeau Field is located in a freakish IceBelt Climactic Zone, a remnant of the last Ice Age . . .

. . . Global Warming? Yeah
RIGHT














The Cheeseheads literally WORSHIPPED Brett Favre . . .











. . . and like many of the Viking Sagas, the Favre Saga is replete with Angst and Irony . . . Brett Favre betrayed the Cheeseheads, and now it will be a bloody battle . . .



FOR THE RECORD: I like BOTH teams, they rank very high in the STORMBRINGER Pantheon of Gods & Heroes. Naturally, with a callsign like STORMBRINGER, I am practically OBLIGED to back the Vikings . . . and so today I will raise my drinking horn to the Minnesota Purple People Eaters as they pursue the Little Leather Spheroid across the Lambeau Battlefield.



. . . THESE are the people he will have to go up against . . .






"Hoo Boy! - we got something for YOU ! ! !"












Don't ask me where I got this photo . . . ever since they took me down to Washington, showed me the secret handshake, gave me my De-Coder Ring and lasercut my eyes, I've been able to look into the future . . .






It will be . . . a BATTLE ROYAL ! ! !






NOTE: The game starts at 1500 hrs "Quebec" (that's 3:00 pm Central Standard Time for you civilians) and so the results may be out by the time many of you are reading this post . . . STORMBRINGER SENDS

2 comments: