Sunday, April 25, 2010

GOD IS BUSY

It is Sunday; this is appropriate - S.L.



A United States Marine was attending some college courses after doing his bit in Iraq and Afghanistan and getting out. One of the courses had a professor
who was an avowed atheist, and a member of the ACLU.

One day the professor shocked the class when he came in. He looked to the ceiling and flatly stated, "GOD!! If You are real then I want you to knock me off this platform. I'll give you exactly 15 minutes!"

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by and the professor proclaimed, "Here I am GOD, I'm still waiting . . ."

It got down to the last couple of minutes when the Marine got out of his chair, went up to the professor, and cold-cocked him; knocking him off the platform. The professor was out cold.

The Marine went back to his seat and sat there, silently.

The other students were shocked and stunned, and sat there looking on in silence. The professor eventually came to, noticeably shaken, looked at the Marine and asked, "What in the world is the matter with you? Why did you do that?"

The Marine calmly replied, "God is too busy today protecting American warriors who are protecting your right to say stupid stuff like that and act like an idiot. So He sent me."







The preceding anecdote illustrates to me, better than ever before, the meaning of the Serenity Prayer; guidance I use to help keep me from driving myself insane at the stupidity and illogic of the world around me - Sean Linnane



The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.







.

4 comments:

  1. My Dad, the Sar'Major, had an add on to it.

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference,

    And the Patience to refrain from choking the living hell out of all those that desperately deserve it....

    *Yup, a Marine...*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because physical violence always proves an intellectual point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. message: "shut up atheists or i will punch your lights out in the name of jeezuz."

    that's xianity for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Serenity Prayer; guidance I use to help keep me from driving myself insane at the stupidity and illogic of the world around me - Sean Linnane
    Sean with all due respect (to a trained killer), the moment you invoke god's help you are part of the stupidity and illogic. Real men don't need the god crutch.

    ReplyDelete