Saturday, July 9, 2011

ON WRITING


Strangely enough, this image from the Internet is very similar to my own writer's den, only the typewriter is a modern laptop of course, and of course the firearm by my side is an M1911 - S.L.


"All writers are vain, selfish and lazy, and at the very bottom of their motives lies a mystery. Writing a book is a long, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never undertake such a thing if one were not driven by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand."

- George Orwell, "Why I Write"


.

2 comments:

  1. and even more interesting that that picture is also very alike to my own writer's den, what a small world and big coincidence, don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, mine is also similar. I don't think that it is a coincidence at all. I believe that all writers are cut from the same cloth.

    ReplyDelete