Friday, July 8, 2011

SECURITY ALERT: Phishing

This one just came over the email machine, with an attached zip file:



Then there's an attached zip file.


A few things got my Spidey-Sense tingling right away:


First of all, the fact that I haven't set foot in New York State in over fifteen years.

Second, the address bars:


From: "Police agency"

To: ( a whole bunch of @yahoo.com's starting with the same letter )


Third, "POLICE AGENCY" and no Local Police Code, no person described.


MAYBE they're sending out tickets via email these days - I don't know how'd they get my alternative backside "safe" email address . . . either way I ain't touching this thing with a ten-foot barge pole.


Stay alert, people.

STORMBRINGER SENDS


.



1 comment:

  1. Had a similar one from the IRS saying my tax return could not be processed.

    ReplyDelete